Is this the right company for you?
Clients I love to work with, and who love to work with me…
- Typically have 8 to 30+ years of experience in the workforce.
- Often serve in a management or senior management role, with annual salaries typically ranging from $75,000 to over $1 million.
- Are serious about their careers. They do well in their jobs and provide value to their employers.
- Behave responsibly and ethically, and would never lie on a resume or job application.
- Have at least some direction regarding the ideal type(s) of positions they’d like to pursue.
- Are computer literate and able to use the Internet, e-mail, and word processing programs like Microsoft Word.
- Understand the importance of relationships in their job search and are willing to network and interact with new and existing contacts to advance their career.
- Work for a wide range of organizations, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
Of course, not everyone is a fit for me, and I’m not a fit for everyone…
There are certain types of job seekers I don’t typically work with; if you contact me, we can explore whether working together would be a good fit. My network includes a number of other writers and career industry professionals, so if we’re not a good fit for one another, I would be happy to refer you to a company or individual who would be perfect for you.
Other considerations before working with me
- My process requires collaboration, so it won’t work for you if you don’t have any time to devote to the process. The process will, of course, save time and spare you frustration versus doing all the work yourself — plus, you’ll get a much better result, and you’ll have a professional guiding you every step of the way. I’ll take all the guesswork out of it, but you’ll need to put some effort into collaborating with me.
- Please be ready and willing to partake in job search activities that involve building or leveraging relationships (eg., conversations with past co-workers, networking events, reaching out to people on LinkedIn, etc.), rather than spending all your time chasing after advertised job postings, which is much less effective. I have resources and support to help you with strategic job search activities that are effective.
- My services and products also necessitate the use of a computer. You’ll need Internet and e-mail access, and a word processing program (Microsoft Word strongly preferred) to collaborate with me on the resume and other documents.
- Please bear in mind that I don’t create federal resumes, so if a federal job is your top priority, I can refer you to certified federal resume writers who I trust. If a private sector job is your top priority, and a federal job your second priority, you could work with me first, and then enlist a federal resume writer to create a federal resume (which needs to be VERY different and MUCH longer than a private sector resume).
I’ll let you know if your project isn’t right for me.
If you schedule a free call with me, and I feel like I might not be the right person to help you, my assistant or I will let you know before our appointment whenever possible. About 15% of the people who reach out to us are “out of my wheelhouse,” and if that’s the case with you, I’m happy to refer you to another company if I know one that might be a better fit for your specific needs.
You might wonder why I don’t want any project that comes my way. In a nutshell, I’m not comfortable taking on your project unless I know without a doubt that I can help you. One of the ways I’ve built my business over the years is through customer referrals from very happy clients who benefited from working with me. So I continue to prefer projects that I’m confident will be home runs! The clients land better jobs faster, there are less headaches for me, and the clients refer their friends and co-workers.
Want to learn more?